With all costs increasing we want to be able to continue processing our clients insurance claims free of charge. Unfortunately the way the insurance companies are handling claims is making this process more and more complicated and time consuming for us.
In order for us to continue to process your claims free of charge and in a timely manner we ask you to follow this process:
- Obtain a paper claim form from your insurance company (they will provide it if asked as not everyone is online)
- Keep copies of all invoices relating to the condition that you want to claim for (you will be given an invoice at the end of each visit, and if for any reason you are not, please ask for one at the time).
- Do not score through or write over the figures on the invoice.
- Fill in the claim form with your details, your pets details, information about the condition you want to claim for, who they are to pay and then sign and date it.
- Do not fill anything on the vets section of the form.
- Hand the completed form along with all the invoices to reception.
If you follow this process then we will be able to submit the insurance claims in a timely manner. Once your claim has been sent you will receive an email with details of exactly what has been claimed, which will allow you to follow up with the insurance company if there are any delays.
We will also email the form to the insurance company along with a full medical history (so if they tell you they are waiting for the history – well if they have the form then they also have the history!)
This process also allows us to keep a copy of everything on your pets record, so if there are any questions or queries we are able to answer and sort quickly.
We are aware that most insurance companies are trying to get clients to submit the information through portals. On our end this is incredibly time consuming as we have to search for each client (they provide us with limited information), we have no information and have to download, print out, allocate and upload invoices for each condition and once submitted we are left with no record of what is submitted.
There are also over 20 different portals with different log-ins and different ways of processing the claim and keeping up to date with these is almost a full time job in its own right.
If there is no alternative to the portal, then you will need to get a separate form from us, complete it and return it to us with the invoices. This is so we know what you are expecting us to claim and we can keep track of it. But this will take more of the vets time and will be slower.
If you have any questions please call reception on 020 87860777 or email us at [email protected]